County Court of Common Pleas
Please allow extra time for your scheduled proceedings. EXPECT DELAYS.
- Safety Protocols for entering the Justice Center
- COVID-19 Related Administrative Orders and Policies
Conducting business in the Courts during COVID-19
The court system, acting principally through its judicial districts, is responsible for taking the necessary actions to protect the safety of court staff, court users, judges and the public, guided by general CDC and Department of Health recommendations. The Judiciary is working to protect public health while ensuring that individuals retain their fundamental state and federal constitutional rights to trial by jury. To that end, the Department of Health assisted the judiciary in developing recommended guidelines designed to ensure that court business can be conducted safely.
Chester County continues to closely monitor the ongoing state of emergency related to COVID-19. The Court has implemented preventative measures necessary to aid in the prevention of the spread of COVID-19 within the Justice Center that reflect federal, state and local government orders and guidance. Facilities staff frequently cleans and sanitizes public areas.
If you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with the virus do not appear at the Justice Center or Magisterial District Courts. If you are expected to appear at a court proceeding, please notify the appropriate contact.
We are asking all visitors to do the following:
- A mask that covers both the nose and mouth shall be worn while in the Justice Center and Magisterial District Courts.
- Your temperature will be taken by a sensor thermometer device prior to entering the security checkpoint.
- The number of people permitted in the elevators at the same time will be extremely limited. Public stairways are available for use.
- You are permitted to bring your own plastic water bottles.
- All employees and visitors are required to complete a symptom survey when entering the Justice Center.
- Social distancing will be observed, maintain a minimum of six – foot distance between yourself and others.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or if not available, your elbow.
- Do not shake hands or engage in unnecessary physical contact; hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the buildings.
Chester County Court of Common Pleas
The Court of Common Pleas of Chester County is a general jurisdiction trial court located in West Chester, Pennsylvania. The Honorable John L. Hall is the President Judge of the Court of Common Pleas of Chester County.There are 13 full time Judges and 1 Senior Judge. The Judges hear a wide spectrum of cases, including adult and juvenile criminal prosecutions, lawsuits involving money or property, divorce, custody disputes, child support issues, adoptions, and estates.
In addition to court staff and Court Administration, the court supervises the following offices:
- Bail Agency
- Court Reporters
- Domestic Relations
- Juvenile Probation
- Law Library
- Probation, Parole and Pretrial Services
- Civil & Criminal Trial Lists by Judge
- 2020 Judicial Calendar
- 2021 Judicial Calendar
- Miscellaneous List
- Name Change Publications
- Equitable Distribution Trial List
- Legal Calendar
- Audio Visual Equipment Request
- ChescoPIN - Court Dockets
- Child Support
- Civil Forms / Filing Tips
- Family Court
- Interpreter Request
- Language Access Plan
- Local Rules of Court
- Protection from Abuse
- Supreme Court Policy Non Discrimination & EEO