Chester County Sheriff
- The January 21, 2021 Sheriff’s Sale will go forward as scheduled with adjustments to the sale day list and procedures to support social distancing practices. Please see the “Sheriff Sales” section of the website for further details.
- Sept. 30, 2020 PA LTC Permit Extension by PA Governor Tom Wolf
- License to Carry Firearms ( LTCF) and Renewal Information During COVID-1
Credit CardsWe accept credit card payments for in-person, over-the-counter payments services including (but not limited to):
- License-to-Carry gun permits (new, renewal and replacements)
- Protection-from-Abuse (PFA) fees
- Bail transport
- Notary service
Credit card payments for PFA fees will also be accepted by phone at 610-344-6850. Payments for all gun permits and fingerprint cards—which require all applicants to schedule an appointment and appear in-person, may be paid in-person only. A $2.00 convenience fee will be added for each transaction.
CCSO fingerprinting services are available FRIDAYS 9:00 am-3:00 pm for residents of Chester County. Schedule appointment online 24/7 or call 610-344-6850 with any questions.
**The Sheriff's Office provides rolled inked fingerprints on FBI-FD/258 cards. We do not conduct fingerprint based background checks.. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and reside in Chester County, Pennsylvania.
Emergency Information Form
Print and complete the Emergency Information Form for each person living in your home and tape it to the inside of your front door - especially if you live alone or have people in your home who are elderly, memory-impaired or need special assistance. this information will help first responders in case of an emergency.
- CCSO's K-9 Unit is in the News Again
- CCSO's K9s and handlers made it to the national publication, Police K9 Magazine.
- CRIMEWATCH Online Submission Form
- SCAM Awareness Bulletins
- Chester County's Most Wanted
- Background Checks for Responsible Persons - FINAL Rule 41F
- NCOVAA - National Coalition On Violence Against Animals