Internship Application and Instructions
The Chester County Coroner’s Office offers an internship program to interested college students. Due to County Policy, only college or graduate students doing internships as part of their program (for credit) are accepted for internships.
See the following requirements to apply for the internship program:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Complete the above Internship Application and follow the above instructions.
- Email copy of resume to the Coroner's Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your resume is received, our staff will schedule an interview to selected candidates.
- Drug testing may be completed on each applicant who is offered an internship.
- Internship sessions are during the Summer, Fall, or Spring Semesters.
- Preference will be given to applicants pursuing careers and/or education in the following fields:
- Hard sciences- i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc. with interest in forensics
- Criminology / Criminal Justice
- Forensic Science
- If chosen for internship with coroner’s office, participant must be willing to participate in any and all aspects of the coroner’s office, including, but not limited to:
- Assisting with administrative duties including answering phones, filing, data entry, etc.
- Autopsy observation and assisting the Forensic Autopsy Technician
- Death investigation alongside deputy coroner/coroner
- Intern may be on stand-by for calls requiring scene investigation, including after-hours operations.
- Intern may assist the deputy coroner with case followup (requesting records and reports, next of kin searches, etc)
- Participation in data analysis or research projects
- Interns will be responsible for maintaining a log of their hours.
- Interns are operating under Chester County Policy and must follow all rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in immediate termination of internship.